2.20.2011

La Hora Fria - The Cold Hour

La Hora Fria - The Cold Hour (AKA The Dark Hour)
Spain
2006
Starring:  Silke, Omar Munoz, and Pepo Oliva

La Hora Fria is dubbed a horror, mystery, sci-fi movie.  It fits the sci-fi category; works with the mystery category; yet, I wouldn't call it a horror.

I keep an eye out and continue to look for new sci-fi and horror movies from Spain because there is something just a little different about them that I like.  Maybe I'll figure it out in the next 5 or 10 of them that I come across.  It could be that I understand about 85% of Spanish movies in their native language so a little less is lost in translation.

La Hora Fria is no exception.  The movie followed suite with a post apocalyptic theme, a little creepiness, and a plot that I couldn't figure out till the movie was over.  Then this one kept me pondering the situations presented throughout the plot.  The movie twists all the way through the plot and has an ending that I didn't guess or predict.  I recommend this move for anyone that enjoy's  slower moving sci-fi and mystery movies that keep you wondering all the way through.

Quote:


2 comments:

  1. where can I watch this movie online or buy it? I am in the United States.
    Thank you
    seamonstergray@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try here: http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/2563/1830/-/6578742/The-Dark-Hour/Product.html?ob=Price&fb=1
      I'm not sure about their reputation...
      If you don't understand Spanish make sure the one you buy has subtitles or you can find subs on the internet and play through a computer with VLC

      Delete