3.01.2011

Strigoi

Strigoi
UK
2009
Starring: Constantin Barbulescu, camelia Maxim, and Catalin Paraschiv

I have to give it up for originality.  I was expecting something that didn't wow me too much, something that wasn't really exceptional, and that is exactly what I got.  I actually thought it was a Romanian movie till I did the research on it.  With that said, it is a vampire movie and maybe it's vampire lore somewhere that they behave in the manner depicted in the movie.  If not then these vampires are completely different then those I've grown old with on film.  There is some humor in this movie that's kinda funny.  There are also a lot of things that just don't seem to connect properly, but hey I still gave it the length of the movie.  It was enjoyable on some level, and probably what I'd recommend as a stormy Sunday afternoon flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment