1.23.2011

Endhiran - Robot

Endhiran - Robot (2010) 
Tamil
Starring:  Rajnikanth, Aishwarya Rai, and Danny Denzongpa


Robot is reported to be the most expensive Indian film in history.  I hope they gross a ton of money for it, their efforts do show!


Every American over the age of about 30 will see a touch of A.I., Terminator, and RoboCop in the background of this movie.  Even so I still enjoyed this movie, granted my opinion is biased.. I just think Aishwarya Rai is gorgeous and I love her other films.


Endhiran begins with a man's life achievement about to come to fruition.  This achievement is to create an advanced robot.  The movie takes a few twists and turns that I did not quote expect; but, the plot was predictable through most of the movie; but it's saving grace was the humor that was incorporated into the movie as well.  The end was quite satisfying and the journey through the movie was worth the time.  As I personally expect with all movies Bollywood there were a few dance scenes.  One of the songs sticks out in mind because it varies greatly from the traditional Bollywood type of music and is more reflective of a poppy trance almost.  They were choreographed and coordinated well. 


Endhiran has it's bases covered with all the makings of a good sci-fi flick and should do well around the world.  While the love story in this movie isn't the typical epic (on a cosmic scale) that I am familiar with from Indian movies, it is still a very cute one.  There are also some very stunning CGI in the movie.  All in all, I watched it and enjoyed it; I do recommend this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment