1.27.2011

Veer-Zaara

Veer-Zaara
2004
India
Starring:  Shahrukh Khan, Preity Zinta, and Rani Mukherjee

This review is biased, mostly because I fell in love with both Bollywood and Preity watching this movie.  In my mind no greater love story has ever been written.  The depiction of honor, beauty, and valor in Veer-Zaara is epic by any standard.  So much did this film move my heart I could write pages on how this movie made me feel, but that would require spoilers :)    This movie was the first Bollywood movie I had ever watched and has eternally earned the spot of the number Bollywood movie ever; I know someone will argue that.  The culture displayed through this movie was quite interesting as well.  This movie depicts in subtle ways the multiple cultures that exist through northern India and Pakistan.

Veer, a pilot in the Indian army, and Zaara, a gorgeous woman from Pakistan, crossed paths in the strangest way as she was fulfilling a promise made to her beloved grandmother.  The most beautiful love that could never have formed began.  The rest is all in the movie.  The love story in this movie is the foundation for one of the most beautiful struggles I have ever seen.  If I could I'd name constellations after this couple.

I recommend this movie 100% and to those who don't like it, well don't watch it twice :)

The most amazing love story that has ever been conceived is right here in:  Veer-Zaara

Quote:  "Give me this, one day from your life.....I know a day is very precious to you.   But, I promise that you'll never forget this day."


No comments:

Post a Comment