1.22.2011

Maghadeera

Magadheera (2009)  Telugu  Starring:  Ram Charan Teja, Kajal Agarwal and Dev Gill

I saw this title around many times before I decided to watch it; I enjoy Bollywood movies for many reasons, the epic stories, the culture, and the dance.  Magadheera has the same storyline of your typical Bollywood flick.  Two lovers who face difficult odds in making their relationship work is central to the main premise of the movie. This movie does a wonderful job moving from the past to the present and developing the history as it tells the story of these lovers.  The visuals from the past are stunning in composition and a good portion of the present in the movie provides for a chuckle.  The love story in this I really personally enjoyed, it allows for the romantic dreamer of cosmic love to dream.  Magadheera also has some good action in it.  There's a fight scene that is not to be missed!  The dance scenes are fairly entertaining also.

Bhairava (Ram Charan Teja) displays a grand sense of honor in his actions throughout this movie.  Mitra (Kajal Agarwal) is as beautiful and I think plays her part wonderfully.  Retrospectively this movie is among my favorite Bollywood movies.  It rivals almost anything the great Khans have done.  Sure there are a couple parts that I thought were purely silly, but the story itself was one of the best stories of love and honor I have ever seen or heard of.

For any lover of Bollywood or Indian cinema this movie is a spectacular must see.  Months after I watched it, this is still one of my all time favorite movies and love stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment